We recently got news of Zambia’s nation-wide programming plans for this year’s ICDB from Patrick Slavin, Chief of Communications at UNICEF Zambia:
“I’m very pleased to report that ICDB is being organized in Zambia this year by the Ministry of Youth and Sports. They’re convening planning meetings and are very committed. Plans for 07 March include:
- ZNBC, the national broadcaster, will allot time from 06:00am to 18:00hrs for children to take over the airwaves on television and specific schedules for radio. ZCO is helping to fund.
- UNICEF has shared the ICDB link from unicef.org to all partners and everyone has shared ideas for programming from the link.
- UNICEF Rep with child ambassadors will be featured on our ICDB promo on Kwacha Good Morning Zambia on Saturday, March 6, 2010.
- UNICEF Child Ambassador will conduct an interview on child rights with the Human Rights Commissioner.
- UNICEF climate ambassadors with ZNBC will record a programme on climate Change and environmental sustainability at a local basic school in Chawama on Monday, March 1, 2010 which will be broadcast on the actual day of ICDB.
- The Drug Enforcement Commission has designed a package that will include role plays and interviews
- The Zambia Police Service will bring “police and children” a community education programme
- MUVI Television will open their station from 06:30am to 21:00hrs with child-led broadcasting.
With best regards,